Save Our Cemeteries is currently seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper.
Bookkeeper Position — Save Our Cemeteries
Position Type: Part-time / Contract
The bookkeeper records financial transactions and creates financial reports based on the recorded information. The information is entered into QuickBooks 2015 accounting software from such source documents as invoices, credit and debit transactions, and cash receipts. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy. Reports are to be generated monthly for the V.P. of Finance and Save Our Cemeteries’ Board of Directors to analyze prior to monthly meetings.
1. Recording receipts and entering the information into QuickBooks 2015 software on a weekly basis
2. Conducting a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
3. Conducting periodic reconciliation of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
4. Issuing financial statements to the Executive Director via email no later than one week prior to monthly Board of Directors and/or Executive Committee meetings
5. Providing information/accountant’s copies to the organization’s external accounting firm
6. Compiling information for external accounting firm for the annual 990 tax form
7. Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system, chart of accounts, and annual budget
8. Calculating variances from the budget and reporting any issues to the Executive Director
9. Generating 1099 forms and W-2 forms for Save Our Cemeteries’ contractors and reporting information to the IRS
10. Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
11. Providing support to the Executive Director regarding financial reporting as requested
Desired Qualifications: An Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Candidates must have a working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
This is a part-time contract position. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
To apply, please submit a resume via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
Amanda Walker, Executive Director
Save Our Cemeteries
1539 Jackson Avenue, Suite 415
New Orleans, LA 70130
Deadline to apply is Friday, April 22, 2016.
Save Our Cemeteries is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation, promotion, and protection of the historic cemeteries of New Orleans through restoration, education and advocacy.